Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's a Beautiful Day

I had to go to the Indianapolis Zoo this morning, which is on the west side of downtown. As I drove east, the sky was a brilliant pink and was reflecting off the buildings. It was absolutely beautiful. It truly felt like a new day had dawned with Barack Obama as President.

Our little family watched the inauguration together. Spencer picked Finnegan up from the daycare, which is across the street from my office, and brought him over so we could all mark the historic day together. He might not be as stylish as Michelle, but the Obama Baby onesie was the perfect choice.


Since Spencer and I met through politics and it remains an important part of our lives, I wonder if Finnegan will grow up to show an interest. And while he certainly won't remember the moment President Obama was inaugurated, we wanted him to "see" it.

No comments:

Post a Comment